Sunday 4 December 2016

New Project!

After some discussion with a friend about the "podcast" that we run named "Spiderman in the Rhineland", I've picked up a new project in game ٩development.

It's going to be made in Godot, as a strange surrealist narrative walking simulator-esque "game" trying to be more of an art piece than an interactive adventure.

It's got a fairly small and manageable scope and I have all the time in the world to complete it. It has to be finished before Track/Episode 10, but at our current upload rate that will be some time mid 2018.

I'm not going to reveal too much about the content of the game, nor will I publish any screenshots as that much may ruin the experience itself - this is, of course, paired with the fact that all the art is very tentative and is going to be iterated on a lot. Minor spoiler; I'm also doing all the art assets either myself or ripped from the aforementioned friend. So far I have only taken one noisemap from him, so I can still claim most of the visual and mechanical content as being of my own merit.

Also, in the spirit of being fair, he made mention of my blog on his Youtube channel, so I'm going to make mention of his Youtube channel on my blog. We're getting this old boys club of information superhighway titans started early.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8N8EUWoqyEOvvw8tGoHFjQ


No comments :

Post a Comment